Electricity Distributor Scorecards
The electricity distributor scorecards measure how well Ontario's electricity distributors (also called utilities) are performing each year. It is designed to encourage electricity distributors to operate effectively, continually seek ways to improve productivity and focus on improvements that their customers value. Electricity distributors will report their scorecard performance results annually, and make the results available to the public.
The scorecard includes traditional metrics for assessing a distributor's services, such as frequency of power outages, financial performance and costs per customer. In addition, performance results for 2014 and onward will include a number of new metrics that directly reflect the customer experience, such as how well the distributor resolves a customer’s concern on the first contact, the accuracy of customers’ bills, public safety and more.
Developing the scorecard was a key part of the OEB's Renewed Regulatory Framework for Electricity Distributors.
Find out more:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Scorecard Performance Measures - descriptions of what is being measured, in plain language
- Data Specifications - the specific data being captured for each measurement
- The full report outlining the scorecard's development - Report of the Board - Performance Measurement for Electricity Distributors: A Scorecard Approach
View Distributor Scorecards:
- Custom performance reports can also be created in the Performance Data, Reports and Regulatory Information section of our website.
Issue / Document
The OEB has posted the activities schedule for publication of the 2015 scorecard of electricity distributors.
The 2015 scorecards will be available here when published.
For further information, or to provide comments to the OEB on the scorecards, contact the OEB's Industry Relations email IndustryRelations@ontarioenergyboard.ca, or by phone at 416-440-7604. The OEB's toll-free number is 1-888-632-6273.
Page last updated 2016-07-06