Information for Generators
The Ontario Government is taking steps to promote the development and use of renewable energy.
If you are interested in generating electricity from renewable resources and wish to either sell this energy or to earn credits toward your energy bill, continue reading to learn more.
- Distributor Best Practices - Connection Impact Assessment Timelines
- Green Energy Initiatives - Frequently Asked Questions
- Green Energy Act Implementation Readiness - Generator Webcasts
- Useful Links for Generators
- OEB Green Energy Initiatives
Concerns, Complaints, Questions
The OEB ensures that distributors connect generators to their distribution systems in accordance with applicable law and regulatory requirements. If you have a complaint, concern or question about the connection process, you may contact the Board at IndustryRelations@ontarioenergyboard.ca.
Other agencies also play a role in relation to generation contracts and generation connections. Depending on the nature of your complaint, concern or question, one of the following agencies may be able to assist you:
Page last updated 2015-03-19